Message for U.S. Citizens – All Seats Taken on April 24 Charter Flight
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Event: All Seats Taken on April 24 Charter Flight
All available seats have been reserved on the charter flight departing Yaounde NSI Airport on Friday, April 24, for Washington D.C. Anyone who has not already received a separate email from the U.S. Embassy confirming their reservation or standby status should not come to the airport tomorrow.
U.S. Embassy Yaounde is not currently planning another charter flight. U.S. citizens remaining in Cameroon should be prepared to remain in place for the time being. We will continue to explore options to facilitate the return home of U.S. citizens, but this will be dependent on circumstances and cannot be counted on for the immediate future.
If you have not as yet contacted us and wish to return to the United States, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov. If you have already provided us with this information, there is no need to contact us to provide it again.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.