Event: The Embassy informs U.S. citizens of the likelihood of a political rally in the area of Bepanda Stadium (aka Stade de la Réunification) on Saturday, November 9, 2019. Since permission for this rally has been denied, there could be an increased law enforcement presence and possible violence.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the Bepanda Stadium and surrounding neighborhoods on Saturday, November 9.
- Avoid large gatherings and demonstrations, as even peaceful demonstrations may quickly turn violent.
- Monitor local news stations.
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Cameroon, such as a U.S. passport with visa or a residency card. Since Cameroon does not recognize dual citizenship, U.S. citizens of Cameroonian descent should never attempt to use a Cameroonian passport or identification card.
- U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook