The Educational Advising Center
The EducationUSA Advising Center provides information and services to people in Cameroon who are interested in studying in the United States and to persons or organizations abroad interested in learning about Cameroon’s educational system and schools.
The Center is located in the American Center at the U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé. The following services are available:
- Advice on selection of universities and fields of study at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Information on accredited institutions of higher education in the U.S. and in Cameroon.
- Access to higher education publications, including university catalogs and nation-wide rankings.
- Study materials and guidance for standardized tests such as the TOEFL/ELTS, ACT/SAT, and GMAT/GRE.
- Practical information on studying and living in the U.S.
- The EducationUSA Adviser is also available to make presentations to schools, businesses, community groups, and others interested in studying in the U.S.
Schedule of Events: Stay Informed!
EducationUSA frequently organizes events to promote educational opportunities in the United States. In order to receive notifications about upcoming events and opportunities, please email: YaoundeEDU@state.gov.
For security reasons, individuals are required to sign up in advance to attend programs held at the U.S. Embassy. Individuals who do not sign up in advance will not be allowed into the Embassy.
Are you thinking of studying in the United States? Do you have questions about the admissions process and how to get started? Please join one of our information sessions and find out how to search for schools, find scholarships, and much more! Please send an email to YaoundeEDU@state.gov to be notified of our next session.
Essay Writing Workshop:
Please join the EducationUSA Adviser for a workshop on writing the TOEFL essay, a college admissions essay, and/or a graduate school statement of purpose. These are all important components of any college application, so come and get the tools to succeed. Please send an email to YaoundeEDU@state.gov for more information.
Note: Photo identification is required for all sessions at the U.S. Embassy. The Advising Center is closed on Fridays and U.S. and Cameroonian holidays. No sessions are offered during U.S. Embassy closures.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Priscilla Mbiandja
Public Affairs Section
Rue Rosa Parks
P.O. Box 817, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Phone: (237) 222 201 500 Ext. 4009
Fax: (237) 222 201 402
Additional Information (Only available in English)
- How to Complete the CSS Financial Aid Profile (PDF 156 KB)
- How to Create a College Board Account, Check ACT/SAT Scores, and Add Universities as Score Recipients (PDF 130 KB)
- How to register for the GRE (PDF 394 KB)
- U.S. Medical Schools – Obstacles & Options (PDF 254 KB)
- MBA Program (PDF 100 KB)
- Where to Pay SEVIS Fee (PDF 264 KB)
- Guide to Distance Learning Programs (PDF 397 KB)
- Overview of Standardized Testing (PDF 253 KB)
- Financing Your Undergraduate Education (PDF 361 KB)
- Funding Graduate Study (PDF 367 KB)
- Personal Statements (PDF 67 KB)
- General Handout Studying in the United States (PDF 315 KB)
- Guide to Accreditation (PDF 369 KB)
- What is Community College? (PDF 337 KB)