June 9, 2020
Event: At this time, the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde is not arranging additional charter flights from Cameroon to the United States. The Embassy will continue to explore options to facilitate the return of U.S. citizens, but this will depend on circumstances and cannot be counted on for the immediate future.
If you have not as yet contacted us and wish to be placed on our list of U.S. citizens seeking to return to the United States, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov. Please send a photo or scan of your passport photo page and green card and a brief description of your situation in Cameroon.
If you have not done so already, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive alerts and updates from U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé. This can be done at https://step.state.gov.
For emergency passport and other emergency services, contact us at YaoundeACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Fébé Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.