Event: Border Closure Due to COVID-19 and Visa Services Suspended
The government of Cameroon has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. All land, sea, and air borders are currently closed. All schools and universities are closed, while restaurants are ordered closed after 6 P.M. Visit this Cameroonian government website for further information.
Effective March 18, U.S. Embassy Yaounde has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please contact us at YaoundeACS@state.gov
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- US Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.