Event: Evacuation Information Update – Definitive Sources of Information
The U.S. Embassy has not yet finalized any travel opportunity for U.S. citizens wishing to return to the United States. We value transparency and will continue to provide updates through our official platforms. Please pay attention only to the U.S. Embassy’s messages (like this one) and our website – https://cm.usembassy.gov/ for the most current and accurate information regarding our evacuation plans. Social media, word-of-mouth, well-meaning friends, and other forms of secondhand information are not reliable sources about the intensive U.S. Embassy efforts to facilitate the return to the United States of U.S. citizens seeking to depart Cameroon. Please encourage concerned friends and family to visit our website to confirm the validity of any information they may have heard. The U.S. Embassy will notify all STEP enrollees and those who have emailed their desire to return once arrangements have been finalized.
If you haven’t already, please go to travel.state.gov and enroll yourself in the STEP Program: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/enroll-in-step.html
If you wish to return to the United States from Cameroon at this time, please email us at YaoundeACS@state.gov and provide us with your complete biodata and passport information, but only if you have not already done so.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Fébe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.