Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
As always, U.S. citizens are reminded that transportation schedules can change without notice. Please check with airlines/carriers regarding flight cancellations and/or restrictions and keep apprised of the testing and vaccine requirements for any country you are transiting. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to have a departure plan that does not depend on U.S. government assistance.
Please see contact information for airlines operating from the Douala and Yaounde airports below:
Telephone: 694 961 044
Telephone: 677 11 54 78
Whatsapp Number-+254 705 474 747
Actions to Take:
- Review the CDC’s travel health notice for Cameroon.
- Review the State.Gov Travel Alert for Cameroon.
- Check with airlines and transit and destination countries for how COVID testing and vaccine requirements might impact travel.
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde
- Phone number : + 237-222-514-000
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Phone numbers: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.