Location: Cameroon, nationwide
Event: The Cameroon Ministry of Public Health is reporting the occurrence of several unexplained deaths due to hemorrhagic fever in the Kie Ntem province in Equatorial Guinea near the border of Cameroon’s South Region, specifically, the Health Districts of Ambam, Kye-Ossie and Olamze. The land border crossing between Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea is presently closed.
For updated information contact the Cameroon Ministry of Health toll-free at 1510.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to the above-mentioned areas.
- Immediately report to a health professional if you experience fever, weakness, diarrhea, or vomiting blood.
- Continue practicing good hygiene, including washing your hands and disinfecting produce.
- Monitor news programs and websites to stay abreast of new health announcements from the government of Cameroon.
- Avoid large gatherings and wear a mask when in enclosed spaces.
- Do not attend wakes or funerals in the above-mentioned areas.
- Check your email regularly for additional updates from U.S. Embassy Yaoundé
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde/Phone Number: +237-222-514-000/Email Address: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs/Phone Numbers: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Cameroon Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter