Location: Cameroon, nationwide
Event: On February 14, 2023, the Government of Cameroon reported a localized outbreak of the Marburg Virus Disease (MVD) in Equatorial Guinea, specifically in Kie Ntem province and the Mongomo district of Wele-Nzas province. These locations are near the Cameroon South Region Health Districts of Ambam, Kye-Ossie and Olamze.
The land border crossing between Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea is presently closed.
The Embassy of the United States in Yaoundé has restricted official USG travel to these three districts to mission-critical only and strongly advises American citizens to avoid all but essential travel to the above-mentioned areas.
For updated information contact the Cameroon Ministry of Health toll-fee at 1510.
More information on MVD can be found on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
- U.S. Embassy Yaoundé/Phone Number: +237-222-514-000/Email Address: email@example.com
- State Department – Consular Affairs/Phone Numbers: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Cameroon Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter