Event: Evacuation Information Update
On March 18, the Government of Cameroon shut down all land, sea, and air borders. U.S. Embassy Yaoundé is exploring options for U.S. citizens who are in Cameroon and wish to return to the United States promptly.
We understand that many U.S. citizens in Cameroon find themselves in an unexpected and unsettling situation. Please be assured that Embassy Yaoundé is making every effort to find a solution for those who wish to return.
We will share any additional information as it becomes available and will be sending out twice daily messages to all citizens who are enrolled in our STEP program whether there have been any changes or not. Any updates to evacuation options or on other issues important to U.S. citizens will be communicated via these messages. The Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage will also continue to be updated.
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, or to request evacuation assistance, please email us at YaoundeACS@state.gov and provide the following information for each U.S. citizen in your group if you have not already done so:
Surname and Given Names Exactly as in your U.S. Passport:
U.S. Passport Number:
Brief Description of your Situation/Request:
Any additional information of which the U.S. Embassy should be aware:
We are experiencing a high volume of inquiries and will respond to all emails as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
U.S Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Fébe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates