Event: Evacuation Information Update
We want to thank you for your patience during these challenging times. Be assured that we are working diligently to facilitate a return for U.S. citizens who want to go back home. Please consider the following information:
- You should be aware that if an opportunity to return presents itself, at this time it would be through commercial means, not a chartered flight. You should be prepared to pay immediately. You should also be aware that this option may be more expensive than a normal flight, but we do not have a specific cost estimate.
- Any repatriation flight from Cameroon to the United States of America would likely depart from Yaounde, with a possible stop in Douala. Once specific flight details are confirmed, we will communicate those to you with instructions on how to book the travel.
- You will be responsible for onward travel from the arrival location in the United States, which will most likely be somewhere on the east coast.
- We are committed to facilitating the return of all U.S. citizens who wish to return. Depending on your personal/financial situation and support network in Cameroon, sheltering in place with may be an option, however you should be prepared to do so for an undetermined amount of time.
- If you haven’t already, please enroll yourself in the STEP Program: https://step.state.gov/step/
For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email us at YaoundeACS@state.gov and provide us with your complete biodata and passport information if you have not already done so.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Fébe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.