Health Alert – Update on Entering or Exiting Cameroon – U. S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon (July 16, 2020)
Event: The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that while the Cameroonian border is still technically closed, several airlines have been permitted international flights by the government. The U.S. Embassy will not organize any further charter flights to evacuate U.S. citizens at this time. Americans wishing to return to the United States should contact these airlines. U.S. citizens seeking to travel to other countries should carefully review any possible conditions or restrictions on entry that may exist.
U.S. citizens seeking to fly into Cameroon may undergo a rapid test at the airport upon arrival and if positive will be required to be in isolation at home or in a government-contracted hotel at their own expense depending on their symptoms. If negative, they are required to self-quarantine at home for 14 days. Travelers must also present a negative test result from within 72 hours of boarding their flight to Cameroon. Any updates to these requirements will be posted on Embassy Yaoundé COVID-19 page
Airlines may have their own requirements regarding testing and other issues related to COVID-19. The above measures may be inconsistently applied and are subject to change, but U.S. citizens should be prepared for all of them and remain in close contact with their airline concerning all necessary requirements for travel in these difficult times.
For Emergency American Citizen Services, please contact us at YaoundeACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information and the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 .
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.