Message for U.S. Citizens – Evacuation Update (April 10, 2020)
Event: No Further Charter Flights Currently Planned
At this time, the Department of State and U.S. Embassy Yaounde are not arranging additional charter flights from Cameroon to the United States. U.S. citizens remaining in Cameroon should be prepared to remain in place for the time being. U.S. Embassy Yaounde will continue to explore options to facilitate the return home of U.S. citizens, but this will be dependent on circumstances and cannot be counted on for the immediate future.
If you have not as yet contacted us and wish to return to the United States, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov and provide the information requested below. If you have already provided us with this information, there is no need to contact us to provide it again. We will contact you as soon as we are able. All dates should be entered month/day/year. Thank you.
|Nationality and Passport Number:|
|Passport Issuance Date:|
|Passport Expiration Date:|
|For Legal Permanent Residents, Green Card Number (A#):|
|Surname (as in your passport):|
|Given names (as in your passport):|
|Date of birth:|
|Contact phone number:|
|Contact email address:|
Brief description of current situation in Cameroon and anything the U.S. Embassy needs to know:
If you have not done so already, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates from U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé.
For emergency passport and other emergency services, contact us at YaoundeACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S. Embassy Yaoundé, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook