Event: Evacuation Update
We understand that there continues to be many U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents who wish to return to the United States after the departure of a charter flight on March 31. Embassy Yaounde will continue to make every effort to assist U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents who were not on this flight who would like to go home.
If you have not as yet contacted us and wish to return to the United States, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov and provide the information requested below. If you have already provided us with this information, there is no need to contact us to provide it again. We will contact you as soon as we are able.
|For U.S. Citizens: U.S. passport number|
|For Legal Permanent Residents: Green Card Number and foreign passport number|
|Surname (as in your passport):|
|Given names (as in your passport):|
|Date of birth:|
|Contact phone number:|
|Contact email address:|
|Brief description of current situation in Cameroon and anything the U.S. Embassy needs to know:|
If you have not done so already, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates from U.S. Embassy Yaounde
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- US Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook