Message for U.S. Citizens – May 13 Charter Flight to Washington D.C.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Event: Charter Flight available to U.S. Citizens
U.S. Embassy Yaounde has arranged a charter flight for U.S. citizens and possibly Legal Permanent Residents. Please read this entire message for details about the flight before making your decision. If you wish to be on this flight you must reply to this email regardless of any previous communication with us. The flight departs Yaounde NSI Airport this Wednesday, May 13 at 1 p.m. This flight will stop in Abidjan and then proceed to Dublin, Ireland, where passengers will change planes. From Dublin, passengers will fly to Washington, D.C. (Dulles International Airport), arriving at approximately 5:45 a.m. on May 14.
The final flight cost will be determined by the U.S. Government but could be up to $2870 per passenger regardless of passenger age or seat location. Passengers will not pay beforehand, but rather borrow the cost of the flight from the U.S. Government.
You are responsible for any arrangements and costs (lodging, connecting flights, local transportation, etc.) beyond Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C.
No pets are allowed on the flight and each passenger will only be allowed one carry-on bag, one personal item, and two checked bags with a maximum weight of 20kg each. The carry-on must fit under the seat in front of you. There is no option to pay for extra services or excess baggage on the day of the flight.
If you want to depart on this flight, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov with the full name (Last, First, Middle) as it appears in the U.S. passport, date of birth, and U.S. passport number for each traveler in your group. The Cameroonian government requires this information prior to the departure of the flight.
If you have not already sent it, we need a completed DS-5528 promissory note (see attachment) for each adult over 18. If you have trouble accessing the attachment, go to eforms.state.gov and search keyword “DS-5528”. Only passengers with completed and signed promissory notes may board the plane. Do not send this to us again if you have already sent it.
Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email; we will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on this flight as soon as we are able.
Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) are also eligible to be on this flight although U.S. citizens will be given priority.
The airline reserves the right to refuse boarding for any passenger. Passengers displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who have recently traveled to a high-risk country may be refused boarding.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.