Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Event: Charter Flight available to U.S. Citizens
U.S. Embassy Yaounde has arranged a special charter flight for U.S. citizens departing Yaounde NSI Airport on Tuesday, April 7 at 4 p.m. This flight will be direct to Washington, D.C. (Dulles International Airport) with an arrival time of 11 p.m. The flight will cost an estimated $2065 per passenger regardless of passenger age or seat location (the final cost will be announced as soon as it is confirmed). Passengers will not be paying beforehand, but rather borrowing the cost of the flight from the U.S. Government.
Available seating is very limited. Those who are not able to secure seating on this flight will be placed on our waiting list for possible future flights.
If you want to depart on this flight, please email YaoundeACS@state.gov with full names (First, Middle, Last) as they appear in the U.S. passport, date of birth, and U.S. passport number for each traveler and the completed DS-5528 promissory note. You are required to do this even if you have previously sent us this information. The flights will be filled in the order that the emails are received. Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email; we will contact you if you are confirmed for a seat on one of these flights.
Legal Permanent Residents are also eligible to be placed on the standby list but will only be accommodated after all U.S. citizens have had an opportunity to take a seat. We encourage those interested to take advantage of this opportunity quickly.
All passengers must agree to reimburse the U.S. Government by signing a promissory note (loan agreement) for approximately $2065. Only passengers who complete and sign the form will be allowed to board the plane. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted at the U.S. Embassy or the airport. Please fill out the attached form (DS-5528) and email the completed version to YaoundeACS@state.gov to register for the flight on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have trouble accessing the attachment, go to eforms.state.gov and search keyword “DS-5528”.
You will be responsible for any arrangements and costs (lodging, connecting flights, or local transportation, etc.) beyond Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C.
No pets will be allowed on the flight and each passenger will only be allowed one carry-on bag and two checked bags with a maximum of 46kg. There will be no option to pay for extra services or excess baggage on the day of the flight.
The airline reserves the right to refuse boarding for any passenger. Passengers who are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or who have recently traveled to a high-risk country may be refused boarding.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cameroon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Remain aware of your surroundings and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local news stations.
- U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Avenue Rosa Parks
(in the Mbankolo Quartier, adjacent to the Mount Febe Golf Club)
P.O. Box 817
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.