The United States has partnered with Cameroon in several areas, since diplomatic relations where established in 1960.
- We have partnered with Cameroon to defeat the violent extremism of the Islamic State – West Africa, Boko Haram.
- We have partnered with Cameroon to provide peacekeepers to the United Nations, to bring stability back to the suffering people of the Central African Republic We have partnered with Cameroon to defeat pirates in the Gulf of Guinea.
- We have partnered with Cameroon to fight infectious disease, to eradicate polio, to defeat HIV/AIDS, to build health sector capacity to prevent, detect and respond to virulent pandemics like Ebola or Avian Bird Flu, and to take on the scourge of malaria.
- We have sponsored people to people programs that have brought Fulbright scholars, International Visitors, and Young African Leaders to America, each of them representing a beautiful thread in the fabric of our bilateral relationship.
- We have partnered with Cameroonians at all levels to sustain the engagement of Peace Corps Volunteers engaging their new families in a vibrant cultural exchange.
- We promote private sector investment in Cameroon, like Taylor Guitars and Crelicam, who bring world class technology, create jobs for Cameroonians, and responsibly harvest the riches of Cameroon’s wonderful forests.