Position Title: Property Management Supervisor
Opening Period: May 07 – 21, 2018
Annual Salary: CFA 11,489,674
For More Info: Human Resources Office: (Sabastian Fih)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 817 Yaounde
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Definite Not to Exceed one (1) year from date of hire
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas-Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Property Management Supervisor.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period from receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications, or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: Under the supervision of the GSO American staff, the incumbent is responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the entire warehouse and property program of Embassy Yaounde, including its offices and agencies. He or she supervises seven employees directly and indirectly nine more in the warehouse and various supply shops. Also serves as an Incidental Driver when needed.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
Education: Two years university studies is required.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible supply program experience in an international organization or a large local institution is required, including at least one year of supervisory experience.
Job Knowledge: Incumbent:
- must have comprehensive knowledge of Department of State and associated agencies property management procedures and regulations;
- must have good knowledge of standards of customer service;
- must be able to organize, manage, and supervise the Embassy property management program efficiently;
- must be able to assess problems accurately and develop realistic solutions (e.g. plan ahead of make-ready season, what furniture to purchase, refurbish or retire;
- must have good interpersonal skills, tact and proven customer service skills for direct interactions with customers; and
- must have a knowledge of basic mathematics.
Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
Skills And Abilities: Incumbent:
- must be able to effectively use a PC and programs such as MS Office, and special software such as ILMS (Integrated Logistics Management System);
- must have a category B drivers’ license.
(This will be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is also a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on U.S. Embassy Yaounde Internet Site: https://cm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below.
For more information on how to apply, visit the U.S. Embassy Yaounde internet site.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification or equivalent (if applicable)
- Residency Permit (if applicable)
- Copy of Passport or National ID
- Transcripts (if available)
- Language Scores (if available)
- Driver’s License (if applicable)
- Certificate or License (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
- List of references
- USAID only – List of 3 references
- USAID only – Current resume addressing requirements of position (no more than 3 pages)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via telephone or email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Cameroon.