1. Transportation Services Providers (TSPs) should provide the most favorable rates, valid for the period of January 01, 2024, to December 31, 2024, for the services and ports listed in the attached spreadsheet (Excel Sheet -47KB). Use this spreadsheet to enter your quotes, as it will be used in our evaluation.
2. All shipments shall be consigned to an American Embassy or Consulate, and not to an agent, except those shipments bound for the United States or those with explicit written instructions from Embassy Yaoundé.
3. EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ will direct TSP via email to pick up shipments at the embassy site. No shipments shall be picked up prior to EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ’s notification. EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ’s instructions regarding consolidation into containerloads and issuance of Bills of Lading provided to the TSP shall be strictly adhered to. All booking instructions will be explained in the work order including details on the items to be shipped.
4. For all outbound shipments, EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ needs a “booking confirmation” via EMAIL showing the vessel’s name, ETD, ETA, and agreed freight rate and surcharges, as soon as the booking is made with the ocean carrier not to exceed 5 (five) business days. Any extra charges to handle a shipment, (i.e. difference of measurements, special equipment, different routing, etc.) must be approved in advance by EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ. The booking confirmation must show the FM number (freight movement number), as well as the shipment numbers contained in the booking. The TSP must notify EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ immediately of any changes to the shipment from the original work order for approval of the modification and reissuance of the work order.
5. The TSP must notify EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ immediately of any delays, changes, or short shipments via email.
6. The TSP is responsible for preparing all export customs documentation from EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ’s from origin to destination as per EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ’s work order instructions. Value declarations, if necessary, will be provided by EMBASSY YAOUNDÉ as needed.
7. No shipment may be carried by a flag vessel or transit any ports or be handled in any way by subcontractors of the countries of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, and/or North Korea. US Flag carriers must be used when available.
8. For the destinations in the United States, please quote rates on American Flag carriers only.
9. For through bill of lading shipments to landlocked destinations, please quote only those carriers who can provide services for the inland leg.
10. Please indicate on the rate sheet whether the selected carrier offers direct sailings or sailings in transshipment. We will assign priority to direct sailings versus transshipment sailings. The transit time and sailing frequency will also be considered in the final determination of the carrier for a shipping lane.