Location: Mount Febe, Yaounde
Event: Several armed robberies have occurred on Mount Febe in Yaounde in the last several weeks. As a result, U.S. government personnel are prohibited from visiting this area during night time. This prohibition extends from all areas north and west of the traffic circle leading to the presidency to Carrefour Mbankolo.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the Mount Febe area after dark.
- Avoid walking alone on the streets. Walk in groups or travel by car whenever possible.
- Avoid traveling in isolated areas and park only in well-lit areas at night.
- Remain alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid wearing earbuds or headphones while walking.
- Lock your vehicle doors immediately upon entering.
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.