Location: Southwest and Northwest Regions.
Event: Due to the continuing security situation, U.S. Embassy personnel are restricted from all but mission-essential travel to the Southwest and Northwest Regions until April 6.
Actions to Take:
- Reconsider/postpone travel to the Southwest and Northwest Regions.
- Always carry proof of your legal presence in Cameroon, such as a U.S. passport with visa or a residency card. Since Cameroon does not recognize dual citizenship, U.S. citizens of Cameroonian descent should never attempt to use a Cameroonian passport or identification card. Remain aware of your surroundings, including local events.
- Avoid large gatherings and demonstrations; monitor local news stations; and follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Remember that the security environment in Cameroon is fluid and can deteriorate without warning.
- U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
+237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444