Location: Population centers throughout Cameroon
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Yaoundé reminds U.S. citizens that threats posed by criminals and armed actors, as well as the COVID-19 pandemic remain real and significant concerns in Cameroon. In light of the upcoming Ascension Day-Eid al Fitr (May 13) and National Day (May 20) holidays, individuals should practice good personal security and public health habits. COVID-19 is still a significant public health concern in Cameroon. Avoiding large crowds and crowded areas is recommended to keep you from contracting the virus. Wear a mask when around other people, practice good social distancing measures, and wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Cameroon visa.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Cooperate with local authorities
- U.S Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- +237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4341/4023
- +237 2 2220-1500 ext. 4531 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cameroon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.