Location: Cameroon, nationwide
The U.S. Mission encourages U.S. citizens to maintain a high level of vigilance and be aware of local events to bolster their personal security on and around the Cameroon public holidays of Christmas Day (December 25) and New Year’s Day (January 1). The U.S. Mission also reminds U.S. citizens to remain vigilant to the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests around the region and the world.
Additionally, the incidence of burglaries, thefts, and robberies increases during the holiday season. In response, local police and gendarmes increase operations aimed at reducing the annual increase in crime. U.S. citizens are also reminded to be vigilant in their homes and when traveling to guard against heightened robbery and home invasions during this time period.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
- U.S. Embassy Yaounde/Phone Number: +237-222-514-000/Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Department – Consular Affairs/Phone Numbers: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-444
- Cameroon Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter