Scope of Work
Product/service required: Standardization and Installation of new network drops at the US Embassy Branch Office: Douala, Cameroon.
The U.S Embassy in Yaoundé is soliciting quotes from responsible vendors to install and terminate network/telephone cabling at one of its offices in U S Embassy, Douala.
The contractor shall provide support in accordance to the requirements below:
- Install cable trays on the EBO ceiling.
- Replace existing LAN cables with Plenum rated cables.
- Run new network cables to the server room in the same office.
- Extend the existing patch panel (IDF) to handle new drops.
- Install and terminate 20 new network outlets.
- There will be a total of 80 cables runs to the server room.
- All runs are to be lay on the cable trays before brought down to the server room.
- Cable runs from the ceiling to the data points will be install on existing cable conduit and back box.
- Install or replace additional cable conduits to handle new runs from the ceiling to the outlets.
Scope of work
- Install and terminate CAT6 cable run from the server room closet to each outlet.
- Exact locations of the points and cable color will be shown during site survey. The mean length between point and IDF is 30 meters.
- Mount complete faceplate and its base flushing with the wall.
- Each data termination will be as per 568B Termination on both sides.(Patch panel and Face plate)
- Mount patch panel to the server room.
- Cable runs for the data cable have to be terminate onto patch panel.
- Each telephone cable is to be terminate as per 568A.
- Telephone cables on the IDF will be terminate on BIX blocks. US Embassy will provide terminating tool.
- Cable runs for the voice cable have to be terminate onto patch panel.
- Each cable run is to be labeled in both ends using printed labels. US Embassy will provide labelling pattern.
- Each point will consists of 3 data outlet and 1 telephone outlet. (1 face plates of 4-Gang)
- Cables on the ceiling have to be laid on the existing cable tray.
- Cables have to be laid out neatly and match the existing path as much as possible.
- Cable need to be properly tied using cable ties.
- Contractor shall commission network using one of the standard network test methods. Please identify test used on the quotation.
- Sequence of labelling will be provided by US Embassy.
- U S Embassy shall provide the cable for this project.
- U S Embassy shall provide the Panduit keystones and matching faceplate.
- U S Embassy shall provide patch panels.
- Telephone cables will all be terminated on BIX terminals
While SAM registration is not required for this award, vendors are encouraged to register in the SAM database www.sam.gov. Contact the Procurement Team (email@example.com) if you need help setting up an account.
The successful contractor shall complete all work, including furnishing all labor, material, equipment and services required under this purchase order for a firm fixed price.
- Location of Performance: Work performed under the contract will be performed at US Embassy Branch Office Douala.
- Pre-Bid conference: This will be conducted on July 15, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. at US Embassy Branch Office Douala. Kindly send the names of those attending (2 person/Company) to Yaounde_procurement@state.gov on/before July 09, 2019.
- Period of Performance: The period of performance is 5 working days from notice to proceed.
- Price Quote Due Date: All quotes must be submitted via email to: Yaounde_procurement@state.gov on or before July 23, 2019 at mid day.
- Contract vehicle: Open Market.
- Set-aside restrictions? There are no set-aside restrictions for this procurement.
- Meet or Exceed? Offers must meet or exceed requested specifications as described herein.
- Award Type: Government Purchase Order.
- Evaluation Factors:
- Award will be made to the lowest priced, acceptable, responsible offeror. Proposals shall include proof of prior experience.
- The Government reserves the right to reject proposals that are unreasonably low or high in price.
- Quoter acceptability will be determined by assessing the quoter’s compliance with the terms of the RFQ.
- The Government will determine quoter responsibility by analyzing whether the apparent successful quoter complies with the requirements of FAR 9.1, including:
- Adequate financial resources or the ability to obtain them;
- Ability to comply with the required performance period, taking into consideration all existing commercial and governmental business commitments;
- Satisfactory record of integrity and business ethics;
- Necessary organization, experience, and skills or the ability to obtain them;
- Necessary equipment and facilities or the ability to obtain them; and
- Be otherwise qualified and eligible to receive an award under applicable laws and regulations
- Offer validity: 90 days
Applicable FAR clauses: The selected Offeror must comply with all applicable FAR clauses. Please see final contracting instrument for a complete list. The full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at: http://acquisition.gov/far/index.html/ or http://farsite.hill.af.mil/vffara.htm. Please note these addresses are subject to change.
If the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is not available at the locations indicated above, use the Department of State Acquisition website at http://www.statebuy.state.gov to access the link to the FAR, or use of an Internet “search engine” (for example, Google, Yahoo or Excite) is suggested to obtain the latest location of the most current FAR.
SAM Registration: Vendors are encouraged to register in SAM (System for Award Management www.sam.gov ) to be eligible for awards with the US Government.
DBA Insurance: Offerors shall submit the price proposal inclusive of Defense Base Act (DBA) insurance charges as a separate line item. DBA insurance is different from Workmen’s Compensation Plan (WCP) and DBA insurance premium charges will be reimbursed by the U.S. Government. Offerors shall estimate the cost of DBA premium after contacting the authorized insurance provider. Once the contract is awarded, you shall reach out to the insurance provider and pay the premium. The receipt and insurance policy shall then be forwarded to the Embassy for reimbursement. Offers will not be accepted without DBA insurance costs.
Contracting Authority: This request for quotation does not constitute a contract with the U.S Government. Per FAR 1.602, the sole representative of the Government authorized to enter into an agreement is a warranted Contracting Officer. The selected Offeror must ensure that a valid obligating document (e.g. Government Purchase Order) signed by a Contracting Officer is in place before commencement of work. Any and all modifications after the commencement of work must likewise be authorized by a Contracting Officer.