Eligibility for a CRBA

  1. Birth
  2. Eligibility for a CRBA
  3. Transmitting Citizenship

For a child born to a U.S. citizen abroad, the following requirements need to be met in order to ensure eligibility for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad:

There must be a blood relationship between the child and the parent transmitting citizenship.

The parent transmitting citizenship must have accrued at least five years of physical presence in the U.S. or its outlying possessions. The parent will need to demonstrate this at the interview.