Passport Services

U.S. citizens can renew their passport with American Citizen Services, or obtain a new one, should the old one be lost while traveling in Cameroon.

Important notice:   The passport execution fee is $35 for U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form, including first-time applicants over age 16, children under age 16, and applicants who reapply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen. For more details, please visit our website at

Messaging – Elimination of Visa Page Inserts

  • The Department of State has proposed to discontinue the consular service of adding additional visa pages to U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016.
  • A notice of proposed rulemaking for the elimination of this service was published in the Federal Register as the Department prepares to convert to a newly designed U.S. passport. The notice  solicited public comments on the proposal.  The proposal will go to OMB for final review.
  • Visa page inserts pose vulnerabilities to both the security of the ePassport and the internal controls of the issuance process. The ePassport integrates the latest concepts in electronic document protection. One of these measures preventing unauthorized reading of ePassports is adding RF blocking material to the ePassport cover. Adding visa page inserts diminishes the effect of this blocking material.
  • The determination to eliminate the visa page insert service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.
  • The Next Generation Passport will be produced in two book sizes, 28 pages and 52 pages, in order to meet the travel needs of our customers.
  • As of October 2014, 52-page passport books are being issued to all applicants applying at overseas posts at no extra cost. This policy aims to lessen the burden that may be placed on frequent travelers who need more pages and those customers who may need to update residence permits or foreign entry/exit visas to comply with foreign country immigration practices.

To replace a lost or stolen passport schedule an appointment and appear in person to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde with the following materials:

  • Local police report/declaration of lost or stolen passport.
  • Completed and signed Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (DS-64) (PDF 767 KB). Print the online application and bring to Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
  • Completed and unsigned Application for U.S. Passport (DS-11) (PDF 89 KB). Print the online application and bring to Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
  • Evidence of United States citizenship (e.g. copy of U.S. passport book/card, U.S. certification of live birth, etc).
  • Official identification such as passport book/card photocopy, driver’s license, resident permit, etc.
  • Two 2”x2” (passport size) photograph, can be in color but the background must be white.
  • Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $135.00 or FCFA equivalent.
  • Passport fee for children under 16 years of age: $105.00 or FCFA equivalent.

There are additional requirements when the applicant is a child younger than 16 years old:

  • Birth certificate (original or certified copy) or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) if applicant was born a U.S. citizen outside the U.S. (original or certified copy).
  • Both parents need to be present with the child and sign the application in front of Consular Officer.
  • Both parents need to present their passports or other official photo identification containing their signature.
  • If one parent is not present due to extenuating circumstances:  submit a notarized original Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053) (PDF 28 KB) completed by the absent parent with a copy of parent’s notarized photo identification with signature (e.g. passport or driver’s license).
  • If parents are divorced: submit an original or certified copy of divorce decree.
  • If one parent, or another individual, has sole legal custody: submit the original or certified copy of the court decree indicating this.
  • If one parent is deceased: submit an original or certified copy of the death certificate.
  • If a guardian is caring for the child: submit a notarized letter from both parents (or an individual with legal custody) giving permission to obtain a passport.
  • Pictures of applicant growing up from birth to present age.

Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available at at or in the Consular Section at the Embassy.

Fees: For services requiring a fee, payment may be made in US dollars or the equivalent in FCFA.  We only accept U.S. currency printed within the last 10 years.