To apply for a passport for the first time schedule an appointment and appear in person to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde with the following materials:
- Completed and unsigned Application for U.S. Passport (DS-11) (PDF 89 KB). Print the online application and bring to Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
- Birth certificate (original or certified copy).
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) if applicant was born a U.S. citizen outside the U.S. (original or certified copy).
- Two 2”x2” photographs, can be color but background must be white.
- Official identification if applicant is over age 16.
- Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $145.00 or FCFA equivalent.
- Passport fee for children under 16 years of age: $115.00 or FCFA equivalent.
- Pictures of applicant growing up from birth to present age.
Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available at http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html at https://cm.usembassy.gov/ or in the Consular Section at the Embassy.
Fees: For services requiring a fee, payment may be made in US dollars or the equivalent in FCFA. We only accept U.S. currency printed within the last 10 years.
Special Appointment Procedure for Minors: Please note that when renewing U.S. passports of minors in the same family, only one appointment is necessary.