To renew your passport schedule an appointment and appear in person to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde with the following materials:
- Completed and unsigned Application for U.S. Passport (DS-11). Print the online application and bring to Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
- who can submit their most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card;
- who was at least 16 years old when their most recent passport book and/or U.S. passport card was issued;
- whose most recent passport book and/or U.S. passport card was issued less than 15 years ago;
- whose most recent passport book and/or U.S. passport card for which they are renewing has not been lost, stolen, mutilated, or damaged; and
- who uses the same name as on their most recent U.S. passport book and/or U.S. passport card OR have had their name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect their name change;
Completed and signed Application for U.S. passport (DS-82).
- American passport (current or expired).
- One 2 x 2 inches (passport size) photograph , can be in color but the background must be white.
- Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $135.00 or FCFA equivalent if using form DS-11.
- Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $110.00 or FCFA equivalent if using form DS-82.
- Passport fee for children under 16 years of age: $105.00 or FCFA equivalent.
Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available at http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html, at https://cm.usembassy.gov/ or in the Consular Section at the Embassy.
Fees: For services requiring a fee, payment may be made in US dollars or the equivalent in FCFA. We only accept U.S. currency printed within the last 10 years.
Special Appointment Procedure for Minors: Please note that when renewing U.S. passports of minors in the same family, only one appointment is necessary.