To renew your passport schedule an appointment and appear in person to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde with the following materials:
- Completed and unsigned Application for U.S. Passport (DS-11). Print the online application and bring to Consular Section or visit the Consular Section for the form.
- American passport (current or expired).
- One 2 x 2 inches (passport size) photograph, can be in color but the background must be white.
- Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $145.00 or FCFA equivalent if using form DS-11.
- Passport fee for applicant over 16 years of age: $110.00 or FCFA equivalent if using form DS-82.
- Passport fee for children under 16 years of age: $115.00 or FCFA equivalent.
There are additional requirements when the applicant is a child under 16 years old:
- Birth certificate (original or certified copy) or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) if applicant was born a U.S. citizen outside the U.S. (original or certified copy).
- Both parents need to be present with the child and sign the application in front of Consular Officer.
- Both parents need to present their passports or other official photo identification containing their signature.
- If one parent is not present due to extenuating circumstances: submit a notarized original Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053)completed by the absent parent with a copy of parent’s notarized photo identification with signature (e.g. passport or driver’s license).
- If parents are divorced: submit an original or certified copy of divorce decree.
- If one parent, or another individual, has sole legal custody: submit the original or certified copy of the court decree indicating this.
- If one parent is deceased: submit an original or certified copy of the death certificate.
- If a guardian is caring for the child: submit a notarized letter from both parents (or an individual with legal custody) giving permission to obtain a passport.
- Pictures of applicant growing up from birth to present age
Forms: Forms related to the passport application are available athttp://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html, at https://cm.usembassy.gov/ or in the Consular Section at the Embassy.
Fees: For services requiring a fee, payment may be made in US dollars or the equivalent in FCFA. We only accept U.S. currency printed within the last 10 years.
Special Appointment Procedure for Minors: Please note that when renewing U.S. passports of minors in the same family, only one appointment is necessary.