The Interview

After your I-129F petition has been approved by the USCIS, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC).  NVC assigns a case number and the file is transferred to the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate for further processing.  A notice of case transfer is mailed to the petitioner in the United States instructing him/her to contact you to schedule an interview with this office.  Once your case is received at the Consular Section, an instructions packet is emailed to you and the petitioner with the list of required documents and the date of your interview appointment.

Documents to present on the day of your interview:

  • Confirmation page of DS-160 : available at
  • Passport(s): The passport must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. Obtain a photocopy of the biodata page of the passport.
  • Photographs: Two color passport-size photographs (50 x 50mm) for each applicant.
  • Birth Certificates: Bring the original birth certificate and two photocopies for yourself and any children eligible to apply with you.
  • Marriage Certificate: If you were previously married, obtain a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of the divorce or death certificate to prove the dissolution of each prior marriage.
  • Certificate of Non-Conviction: You must also obtain a certificate of non-conviction for you and each accompanying child over the age of 16. In Cameroon, the certificate is issued by the High Court, not by the police. If you have resided outside Cameroon continuously for a year or more, you should obtain a police report from the country of residence.
  • Evidence of Support: Have your petitioner submit an affidavit of support using Form I-134 [ available at: (PDF 461 KB)]. The recent yearly income tax returns (generally 1040/W2 forms) should also be attached.
  • Medical Report/Examination: Arrange for a medical examination with any of our panel physicians. Information about the physicians can be found at:  Bring the medical report in a sealed envelope. A medical examination is also required for each minor child who will be applying to accompany you to the United States.

Evidence of Relationship: You have to submit secondary evidence that establishes a bona fide relationship with your petitioner. Bring documents such as photographs of you with the petitioner, emails, letters, phone records, evidence of financial support such as Western Union receipts, and any other items/documents to prove your relationship to the petitioner.

You can learn more about the interview process on